Friday, November 29, 2013

Warhammer: Invasion no longer Living

Well, the news is out: FFG is no longer making new content for Warhammer: Invasion.

I find this to be very sad news, obviously.  Although I play W:I less than any other LCG I own (I've played exactly one game of it in 2013, despite my best efforts), I really felt like it was a strong, thematic system, with a lot of room for growth, if FFG wished it.

Apparently FFG decided not to bother, however.  It never seemed to do very well in the US (I hear that the tournaments in Poland are pretty successful though), and heck, maybe they wanted to free developers up to work on a new LCG (I can hope, at least).

With that said, I hate to see any LCG go down without a fight.  I'd like there to be some coverage of Warhammer: Invasion, even if there is no new official content.

So!  I'm going to try, over the next year, to come out with some fan made cards.  I can't guarantee how successful me doing so will be, but I think it'll be fun to give it a chance.  I'll throw together some new cards from time to time, post them on the site, and see how it works out, at least.  It's going to take me a bit to start off, since I'm not really an expert at imaging software, but I would expect at least something from me early 2014.

So, for my first set, I'm thinking of either trying to create a Bretonnian themed expansion or starting with one of the Black Library novels and creating a small expansion based off that.  I have ideas for new mechanics as well, but those may take me a bit to really work out fully.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I'd love to hear them as well :)

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment