Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Addressing my hobby issue.

On the gaming front, things aren't going too bad- I played two-ish games of Star Fleet Battles in the past week (online).  Lost one, and will probably lose the second one, but I'm actually in a pretty good spot there for the moment.  Played in a Star Wars RPG session last night, which was also fun. (A notice of games I play does show up in my Twitter feed, which is on the bottom right of the blog here!)

The hobby side of my life struggles because of this:

That's my spare room.  That's where I keep all of my gaming stuff (there's a closet on the wall to the left that you can't see, that's filled with more stuff).  Obviously- I have a lot of stuff there, but the issue is just organization.  I could work on minis... if I could get to the table, and give myself space to work on them.

I could build decks!  The problem is that I can't easily get to all of those boxes of cards, so I can't really do so easily.

I could play some wargames, and leave them set up!  The problem there, again, is access to the table (off to the left).

Anyway- I have begun focusing on this problem.  I'm trying to spend an hour a day, three or more days a week, trying to organize this room.  Once it's clean, I can do more hobby work, and heck, more gaming.

Posting that picture here hopefully will shame me some.  Shame me into making progress.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment