Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Monthly Summary for December, 2019


Games Played
  • Lord of the Rings: The Card Game - Four plays, all with Joey.  We played through the first four adventures of the Mirkwood cycle, beating them all with relative ease.
     
  • Marvel Champions: The Card Game - Four plays, all double handed solo against a variety of scenarios.  Tried my hand at deck building, and also played some games with all the new stuff that came out!
  • Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth - One play with Bob, as I taught him the system.
  • Marvel: Crisis Protocol - One game with Matt.  We set up the intro scenario with the intro setup, and played through the game.  I ended up winning handily about Turn 5 or 4, but I was en route to tabling him too.  So far, has proven to be quite a fun game!
  • Splendor - One game with my wife, during some downtime on Christmas.  She actually led most of the game, but I managed to keep her locked out of the reds, and finally pulled ahead to win.
  • X-COM: The Board Game - One game with Rob and Mark.  I played as the scientist, and mostly focused on buffing the other two, instead of working on things for myself.  Ended up rolling very well early, put out a bunch of upgrades, and we managed to win... narrowly.  Pretty fun game!
New Arrivals
  • Marvel Champions- I bought the new Captain America, Ms Marvel, and Goblin packs for the game, and have already tried them out.
  • Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth.  Bob accidentally ordered two, so I got one :).
  • Sabacc - Received from Ben for Christmas.  The classic, well know Star Wars game!
  • Expedition Altiplano - I really know nothing about this game.  I received it for free from Games and Stuff after buying a certain amount of stuff from them during December.
  • Random packs and expansions for various games I need to get caught up on, which is mostly the FFG LCGs.
  • Admiral's War - Arrived on the last day of 2019, from Canvas Temple Publishing.  I backed this on Kickstarter, and it looks pretty cool.  Looking forward to trying it in 2020!
Miniature Assembly/Painting
  • More assembly- I assembled the Hermit of Henge Hold, the five minis in the Riot Quest box, two Stalkers, and a few more random fixes of miniatures.  I started working on Crisis Protocol miniatures, as well.
Reading
  • I've started reading the Dungeons and Dragons Player's Handbook. If I want to run a campaign, I need to read all the rules!
  • I've been reading The Great Pretender, by Susannah Cahalan.  This is a book that investigates the 1973 study by David Rosenhan where he and several other people pretended to be mentally ill enough to be put into mental hospitals, then attempted to get out.  It's been pretty interesting so far, but I'm not completed yet (although should finish it the first week of 2020).

No comments:

Post a Comment