Monday, October 5, 2009

Monsterpocalypse

Monsterpocalypse is a fantastic Collectible Miniatures Game (CMG) by Privateer Press. Two players each take one monster, up to 15 supporting units, and battle to the death across a variety of city-based maps. There's plenty of throwing, bodyslamming, radiation beams, building destruction, and overall mayhem to give any sort of person something to enjoy.

It's also one of the primary games that me and a buddy play. Sadly for said buddy, it's a game I do significantly better at. Why is that? Well, I'm just awesome. Also, I really 'see' the game better than he does. There's many many interacting abilities/triggers/reactions that the board (and units and monsters) force the player to deal with, and it can be difficult for a player to play in a way to best take advantage of it. I don't claim to be the best player in the world... but I do alright.

My current goal is to beat my buddy with every one of the monsters. So far, it's coming along nicely, but still plenty to go. These are who I have left:

Martian Menace:

  • All 5 monsters
Shadow Sun Syndicate:

  • All 5 monsters
G.U.A.R.D.:

  • Sky Sentinel
  • Nova ESR
  • Legionnaire
Lords of Cthul:

  • Ulgoth
Planet Eaters:

  • Rogzor
  • Zorog
Terrasaurs:

  • Pteradox
  • Rakadon
  • Tyranix

Tritons:

  • All 2 monsters

Ubercorp:

  • All 2 monsters

Elemental Champions:

  • All 2 monsters

Subterranean Uprising:

  • All 2 monsters

Savage Swarm:

  • All 2 monsters

Empire of the Apes:

  • All 2 monsters

Now, in all of these cases, I've never RUN any of these monsters against him, but I eventually will. I will make sure to keep track of what I'm doing, how I'm doing it, and my thoughts =). I will even post my views on tactics with certain monsters (and I've joked many times about how he can use them as a new strategy guide).

Hopefully I can knock one off this list by the end of the week :)

1 comment: