Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Stark Heroes I Unboxing [Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures Game]

Grabbed a random expansion box from the pile, and figured I'd do some unboxing pictures of its contents.  Today's box will be the Stark Heroes I box.  I'll grab a Lannister box for tomorrow!

To start, let's look at the front of the box.
So somber.  So imposing.  The back of the box.
Just because I'm sure it's hard to read, the contents are:
  • 6 Miniatures
  • 34 Cards
    • 2 Unit Cards
    • 5 Attachment Cards
    • 24 Tactic Cards
    • 3 NCU Cards
  • 1 Movement Tray
What awaits us when we open the box...

Nicely packaged.

Let's start by looking at the miniatures.  Apologies for the blurry pictures.  I'm working (slowly) to improve on my methods!

First up, we have Howland Reed.
Now Eddard Stark, holding Ice.
I really like how he looks so calm and collected, instead of looking like he's on the warpath.  Would've felt really out of place, otherwise.

Next up, we have Rodrick Cassel.
Summer.
Bran and Hodor- they are a decent amount larger than their comrades.
The model does seem to lean, which I don't think is intended.  I'll have to fix that at some point.

Finally, we have Brynden Tully (the Blackfish).
These miniatures look pretty good, and certainly better up close than the pictures give them credit for.

The two units cards.
 
I haven't read the rules yet, so it doesn't mean anything to me yet, but these really do look awesome!

Aaaand finally, the various cards (I'll spare you a picture of the movement tray).

 
 
 
I think a lot of these cards were shown at various parts of the campaign, so probably aren't much of a surprise.  They are very nice quality, if you haven't actually had a chance to see them in person!

Anyway, that's all for this showing.  Tune in soon, and I'll open one of the Lannister boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment