Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Painting for Points

So, I've been playing Games Workshop games since 2001, and have painted very very very little. I still do not have a painted army.

This is hopefully going to change :). One of my friends has suggested we start with a painting challenge in the gaming group in order to get our armies slowly painted. That's a great idea, of course, but I own a ton of miniatures for games that none of them play. I need a way to motivate myself to get them painted.

So, a lot of other blogs use a system called Painting for Points, started (I believe) by Lone Pilgrim. I've seen a few things added to it, so that's what I'm going to work off of.

Basically, I get a number of points equal to the number of painted models. We're talking completed here.

  • Infantry - 1 point
  • Cavalry, bikes, 40mm miniatures (Ogres, or slightly larger 40K things) - 2 points
  • Monsters, Dreadnoughts, Heavy Warjacks - 5 points
  • Vehicle - 10 points
  • Superheavy Vehicle (I have soooo many) - 2o points
A few games I own aren't covered here, but I'll add them in as I start painting them (the Epic/Warmaster models will take some work, for instance).

Since I've begun playing, I've painted... let me count... 29 points. Seriously, that's it.

Next year, I'll have a full goal, of course, but for the remainder of this year, we're going to shoot for ANYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment