Saturday, December 8, 2018

Weekly Summary for Week Ending 12/8/18

Alright, dog-sitting ended Tuesday, which means I started getting back into my gaming routine somewhat.  No work got done on the basement, which is a big limit on what and how much I actually do, but progress will be made shortly.

Games Played
  • Warhammer Underworlds - Three games against BK.  I built some new decks, and assembled some new warbands, and too them to the table against BK at Gritty Goblin Games, my first time playing at that store.  BK used Stormsire's Cursebreakers in all three games.  Game 1, I used Spiteclaw's Swarm (Skaven), with a primarily objective focused deck.  I get some early objectives, but after arming Skritch with Swirling Halberd (letting me attack multiple enemies), I spend the rest of the game missing every attack, and lose 9-14.  Game two, I feel like I play a bit better, my dice are better, and I actually do smart things like running away from fights that I can't win, and win 9-4.  Final game, I switch to Thorns of the Briar Queen.  I actually think I play pretty well, moving all of my Chainrasps up into position, aside from a turn where BK and I spend attack after attack to no effect.  BK's deck just proves to be better, and he turns what I think is a slight advantage to me into a massive advantage for him, scoring a bunch to end the game, depriving me of a bunch of pieces, and I lose 4-10.
    End of Turn 1 in our first game.  I end up losing.
  • Terror in Meeple City - one game against Christian.  This is a dexterity game of monsters destroying a city.  I end up losing, but we definitely do a number on the city.  Let me post a before and 'in progress' picture:
    Before the first moves of the game.
    Mid-game.

New Arrivals
  • December issue of White Dwarf magazine.  Lots of new content for some of their games, so I'm pretty excited to read it.
Miniature Assembly/Painting
  • Assembled the Skaven and Nighthaunt warbands for Warhammer Underworlds.  Then played them in a game!
  • Worked on the Gellerpox Infected for Warhammer 40K: Kill Team.  Assembling two more Hullbreakers.  I might get a chance to play them next week.
Reading
  • Finished the November issue of White Dwarf.
  • Began reading the Overlight RPG Core book.

No comments:

Post a Comment