Tuesday, December 1, 2009

LotR teaching armies

Alright, so I'm going to be teaching Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle game to a few of my friends, so I put together two 500 pt lists that I hope will be balanced against one another. I don't claim to have much experience with Lord of the Rings, so if anyone has some advice, I'd love to hear it!

Evil, Cirith Ungol w/ Nazgul allies:
Shagrat w/ Shield - 60
2/14/2 Nazgul w/ horse - 120
Mordor Troll - 100
8 Orc Warriors w/ shields - 48
8 Orc Warriors w/ spears, shields - 56
8 Orc Warriors w/ bows - 48
Orc Warrior w/ banner - 30
3 Warg Riders w/ 1 box, 1 shield - 38

Good, Tower of Echtelion w/ Rangers of Ithilien allies:
Faramir, Captain of Gondor w/ heavy armor, lance, horse - 90
Damrod, Ranger of Ithilien - 20
8 Warriors of Minas Tirith w/ spears, shields - 72
8 Warriors of Minas Tirith w/ shield - 64
Warrior of Minas Tirith w/ banner - 32
7 Knights of Minas Tirith w/ shields - 98
1 Knight of Minas Tirith w/ banner, shield - 39
10 Rangers of Gondor, 5 w/ spears - 85

I'm thinking I'll need to add another hero to the good force, something with some ability to combat the Nazgul's spells or handle the Troll maybe. Will have to give it a playthrough to see how well they interact with one another though.

After I get some games in with my friends, I have someone to go through the books and play the scenarios in them all. That's got me very excited :).

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Im interested in playing LotR. I have always been a fan of the book, and I would like to try the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'd certainly love to teach ya- you want to give it a shot sometime next week?

    ReplyDelete